[Mb-civic] Everything and Everyone is Connected

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Aug 19 19:46:24 PDT 2004

Re:  Everything and Everyone is Connected

..."if our grandchildren and their grandchildren are gonna have any chance
for a decent life"

They're not going to.

They haven't got a chance in hell of "a decent life in the future".

Governments, Militaries, Corporations, Etc's are NOT going to suddenly
change their ways and "Save Planet Earth", and whatever little they wind up
doing, eventually, will be lip service, and A PITTANCE that will be MUCH
TOO LITTLE and MUCH TOO LATE but will look good in the History Books as
"Hey, See..?  We tried..!!  You can never say we didn't try...!!!!".

People need to start to wake up, all over earth, and realize that The
Approaching Doom is both inevitable and irreversible, as it is completely
out of their, "The Regular People's", power to change it, and stop telling
Fairy Tales.

Sure, "keep trying", never stop "trying".

But telling The Children LIES such as "Don't worry, we're all connected,
and some day soon Everyone is going to start working together to Save The
Earth and everything is going to be allright"

Is nothing more than another pile of bullshit.

By the time "Global Ecological Recovery" begins, the oceans will be long dead.

"Humanity cannot continue to procreate and consume as if the Earth does not
matter."

Amen.

But *that* is *exactly* what is going to continue to happen.

Earth is not suddenly going to permanently accept "Global Birth Control" so
the ever-vanishing *Resources* suddenly stop vanishing.

We're going to continue to Procreate at an unprecedented rate in the
history of humanity, and our hunger and need for *Resources* is going to
continue expanding at an unparalleled speed, and there is simply NO WAY
that the *Resources* can EVER manage to keep up.

You should at *least* be Honest with The Children.

*That* is what you should tell them when you tuck them in bed each night,
rather than the LIE that "The Environmentalists Etc, in the face of the
vast power, reaches, and destructiveness of The Governments, the
Militaries, and The Corporations Etc of Earth, are going to Save Earth,
don't worry, now go to sleep and dream of Santa Claus".

The Children today have a better chance of Santa Claus popping down their
chimney on Christmas Eve than of The Earth being saved.

But it's really none of my business if people wish to continue to propagate
such a Lie on a dying planet.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.