[Mb-civic] Breslin: As the list grows, Bush is unmoved

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Jul 16 10:19:29 PDT 2004

Breslin:  As the list grows, Bush is unmoved

http://www.newsday.com/news/ny-nybres153893324jul15,0,5154133.column?coll=ny-news-wire-utility

"In less than a month, there have been 37 same-sex deaths of our troops in
Iraq. There is one woman, Army Spc. Julie Hickey, age 20, who died of
illness on the Fourth of July. If the men were getting married, George Bush
would shout more than ever for a constitutional amendment."

"As they die in battle in the Middle East, Bush doesn't even notice. This
man of limited mind and unlimited arrogance is unmoved by deaths that have
put blood on his hands for all time."

"(These dead soldiers should be) anywhere except a box on a plane arriving
at Dover, Del., where morgue workers do autopsies and put dress uniforms on
the dead bodies. This president, with a face of rich boy smirks and sneers,
who lives on the dark side of truth, does not deign to be present. He is
not a man for mourning, this George Bush. Life is best when he struts onto
a stage in front of an overjoyed white audience in York, Pa., where he
sputtered that the people fighting in Iraq had hijacked a great religion
and now we would fight them anywhere. That great religion is Islam and it
has 2 billion members worldwide and if he wants to fight them, let him go
ahead; he likes it so much he was having his teeth cleaned when he was
eligible to face bullets."

"He could send his vice president, Cheney, except Cheney has the North
American record for draft dodging - five deferments in Wyoming - and
clearly likes his wars to be fought by others."

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.

.