[Mb-civic] FW: I didn't write this--

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Jul 24 01:59:19 PDT 2004

Re:  FW: I didn't write this--

Heh........

Well, lol, sorry, I don't mean to be disrespectful of something that sounds
like a right wing hawk spam letter adamantly demanding everyone "Support
the War Effort in The Middle East or else the Muslim World is gonna eat
America and your children will be reciting The Koran after they take over
France in 5 years", but it just sounds a little too much like Dick Cheney
talking in his sleep, or the Republican National Convention warming up for
the election in November.

Other than that, there were a few overt Lies, Omissions, Half-Truths, and
Factual Mistakes throughout the letter as well, very well mixed in with
"the truth".

Do I have anything better to do than to point that out at 3 in the
morning...?  Probably not.   LOL...........

Now I wish the person who wrote that letter would do an indepth analysis of
the "911 Commission Report" that just came out, just to see how consistent
their grasp on reality and perspective is.

Regardless, the "I'm your father" part sounds so much like WWII propaganda
that I'm having reminiscence pangs of the 1940's surging through my tiny
little brain.

My condolences to anyone's father who seriously believes such things as:

"For the duration (of the Thousand Year Global War) we are going to have to
give up some of the civil rights we have become accustomed to. We had
better be prepared to lose some of our civil rights temporarily or we will
most certainly lose all of them permanently."

And who can state such things publicly as:

"And finally, name any Muslim countries throughout the world that allow
freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of religion, freedom of the
Press, equal rights for anyone - let alone everyone, equal status or any
status for women, or that have been productive in one single way that
contributes to the good of the World."

And yet not remember to also mention that Our Top Guys of The Land Of The
Free, among so many others, have been doing lucrative financial etc
business with them for almost forever now and not blinking an eye at their
"Universal Intolerance" while wagging our Flag in our faces at home here at
the same time and helping prop up regimes and dictatorships overseas like
they were water.

I'm sorry, I can't comment on that letter anymore, it's just TOO much like
so many other right wing hawk propaganda letters I have seen floating
around the Internet, and other places, for forever now.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.

.