[Mb-civic] Eye Scans: What 18 Years In Afghanistan Does To You...

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Jul 29 23:33:56 PDT 2004

Eye Scans:  What 18 Years In Afghanistan Does To You...

http://www.accessexcellence.org/WN/SU/SU102001/irisscan.html

This above website story is about "eye scans" going on globally, in
airports, etc etc.

However, my story within it is a little different.

So let's play a game..............            :|

Go to that website, then, after reading it if you want, or not, scroll all
the way down to the bottom of the page.

On the left you will see 2 photographs.

Look at that lovely wild creature on the very left.  She looks, maybe even,
a little frightened for some reason...

Then look at the hate-filled bitterness-filled one to the very right of it.

To me, maybe not to anyone else on earth, are such things as nightmares
made of.

Now imagine that was your wife, or your niece, or your granddaughter, or
your cousin, or your mother, or your sister, or your daughter.

The photograph on the very left was taken in 1984.  The photograph to the
right of it was taken in 2002.

Now imagine that face today in 2004.

If you don't get a chill up your spine, you're not human.

Now go to this web site which is from April 2004:

http://www.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/0/588fb92dcc3e698785256e84006b6354?OpenDocument

Now imagine you were an Afghan, with a family, kids, a cat, dog, and a
house, and you fled your country 30, 20, 10, or even a couple of years ago,
or less, to try to keep them alive as the world was going to hell there.

But they're just Afghans.  What do they care.  What do they know.  They
just want to go home.  What they think is inconsequential.  Right..?  And
what they don't know will never hurt them.  Right..?

Now imagine you're an American.

Don't you feel so much better now that you're an American again...?

People like the Afghans will never feel what you just felt.

Nor will any of them speak up, or even think to speak up, and say that they
might not want their eyes scanned as they're trying to re-enter their
war-ravaged own country to make sure that they don't get a stupid basic
"aid package" more than once.

I'm sure it's "a great program", this U.N. ETC "repatriation" program, I
guess.  It's just that I can't imagine people in Afghanistan getting their
eyes scanned to be able to "re-enter" their own country, while gulags etc
Abu Ghraib etc are in Iraq Etc with rape, torture, murder, etc, and "the
occupation" continuing, and etc etc etc.

                           It's just so weird.

Very.   Weird.

It's like Marat-Sade or someone wrote a science fiction book, and these
"little natives" are actually living it.

And we're sitting back watching cable not even thinking about it, if we
even ever knew about it.

And this is really just "The Beginning", apparently, of lots of "weird
things" "going on", especially "over there".

Don't you feel better now that you're An American again....?

Especially since you will forget about this in about 5 minutes or less, and
you will never have to care about it or think about it again for the rest
of your life....?

End of game.

Trust me.

It can never happen here.

Honest.

:|

And who really cares if it's happening anywhere else.....

Right......?

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.

.