[Mb-civic] Prince Charles

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 21 17:39:26 PST 2004

Prince Charles's comment as to education and reality of it's potential proves he is out of touch with the real world.
He has a guaranteed life, roof over his head, food on his table and monies to do what ever he wants.
Yes, he chairs, supports many charities, but he has never been challenged to work to pay a mortgage, put food on a table and put his children through collage. He pretends to get it, but he does not. He will argue that he does, but he doesn't, nor could he ever.
He is in the spotlight, that is his inheritance, so he should be wary of his naive comments.
I have yet to see him do a "great deed" to warrant his station. He has been said to have been involved in the release of Britain's held captive in Saudi Jails, but that is about all I know. (He's about 60 years old, what has he really done with his privilege anyway, nothing of real note, that I am aware of)
I am a Canadian, part of the British Common Wealth, of a privileged family. I know the struggle to warrant that privilege. I deal with that every day, it's opportunity and it's barriers. That is why I feel that I can criticize his behaviour and conduct.
I'm sure Richard Banson and Paul McCartney would argue Prince Charles's memo on ability. (They make more money than he does and they pay many more taxes than he does as do other many many Britain's which he benefits from)

Point being, a man of his inherited position should be more careful of his words, I'm sure his intent was not to offend, but his elitism falls him.

Later H