[Mb-civic] Attachments

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 19 07:19:15 PDT 2004

Hi Cheeseburger and all -

Attachments of all types are allowed on the mb-Civic list, and do come
through. However, HTML attachments are not archived (and are scrubbed to use
the program's term) in the online archives of the posts, but they are
allowed on the list itself. If you cannot view them it has to do with how
you read the posts to the list - as Barbara says she has web-tv, and so
cannot view many of the attachments to the list, or someone who read the
list at the online archives of posts rather than reading the posts in their
email program would be unable to read the HTML attachments.

Although attachments are allowed, there are several things that stop a post
in it's tracks, due to the new stricter filters that are helping to keep the
spam off the list, so while I am on my list-moderator soap box let me take a
second to remind everyone what they are:

Any posts that do not contain the list address in the "To" or "CC" fields
automatically gets stopped and needs moderator approval to come through the
list, so posting to a number of recipients in Blind Carbon Copy doesn't
work. All blind carbon copies and implicit destinations are NOT allowed.

Any posts that have too many addressees gets stopped.

All posts over 100K get stopped, however, please don't worry too much about
this one, as I think the list would be a much poorer place without some of
the larger files that come through regularly.

These settings are there to help prevent the spam problems we had in the
past. I hope the pleasure of the spam free list is enough to compensate for
any inconvenience these rules may cause.

If you have any questions please email me at nina at michaelbutler.com

Thanks,
Nina
The Hair Archives