[Mb-civic] Who's Better in the Driver's Seat?

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Sun Sep 19 11:28:30 PDT 2004

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

Who's Better in the Driver's Seat

--------------------
Who's Better in the Driver's Seat?

Under Democratic presidents, the engine hums along

By Arthur I. Blaustein
Arthur Blaustein was chairman of the President's National Advisory Council on Economic Opportunity during the Carter administration. He is a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, where

September 19 2004

BERKELEY — A businessman who voted for President Bush four years ago and Bill Clinton in 1996 told me that John F. Kerry's social-program goals "seem good, but I'm worried the Democrats can't manage the economy as well [as Republicans], and they'll get into my wallet." Many voters agree, according to pollsters. But are Republicans better economic managers than Democrats?

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-blaustein19sep19,1,5475372.story

Visit Latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com