[Mb-civic] A Little Italian, A Little Greek, and A Little D*ckhead

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Apr 17 01:07:41 PDT 2005

A Little Italian, A Little Greek, and A Little D*ckhead

Actually, I don't really know how little they were, but in this lull of
weekend madness exploding into the summer after one of the worst winters
I've heard about in a while, here is a little Dante and a little Homer.

This is an online translation, in English, of Dante's complete "The Divine
Comedy" and "Lyric Poetry".  If you don't already have these in your
library, hey you, download them here now.  Try to remember he wrote this
stuff in 1300 A.D.  Makes great reading sometimes near a midnight candle.

http://www.italianstudies.org/dante/

And now for Homer...  Uhh...  Hmmm...  A guy from Greece that nobody knows
who the heck he was almost, lol, he might have even been just a "mythical"
figure according to some, even though:

"The Greeks' collective identity was concentrated in the values, ethics, and
narrative of Homer's epic poems."

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/MINOA/HOMER.HTM

Oh, yeah, and he was a blind guy also.  A short fat blind Greek guy.  (Just
kidding, Homer  :|  )

Here is Homer's "Iliad":

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~joelja/iliad.html

Here is Homer's "Odyssey":

http://classics.mit.edu/Homer/odyssey.html

Here's a page that puts it all in a nutshell in a simplified manner:

http://www.enl.umassd.edu/InteractiveCourse/Homer/homer.html

Kind of interesting when I think about it, a little Greek guy who was blind,
who may or may not have existed, but who wrote, among other things, 2 giant
poems, the other 8? were lost, that defined Greek Identity in, what?, about
9 B.C...?, who performers would memorize 25,000 lines from his poems and
recite them in front of the wealthy way back when on a Saturday night, kind
of like this one, and other than that, nobody knows a damn thing about the
guy at all.

And now, a Little D*ckhead...

Oh, well, ummm, errr....  All the websites that contain the information
about George W. Bush that I wanted to put up here require that I prove I am
a Republican and that I sign an online agreement of secrecy, nondisclosure,
and fellow-d*ckheadedness, so we'll just have to temporarily settle for the
remembrance that probably the single greatest accomplishment of his life was
when he got to read "My Pet Goat" as jets were slamming into The World Trade
Centers.

Other than that, his entire life work apparently cannot compare with two
simple poets that lived so long ago, one of them even perhaps a mythical
character, that changed the world with just a little feather and some ink on
some paper or something.

My only consolation as to such an unremarkable human being is that when he
finally goes to heaven, there is a place reserved for him right next to
Freud where he can snort coke until all his brain cells finally give out,
all 4 of them.

Oh well, hehe, anyway, enjoy some Dante and Homer if you want.  They're much
more real.

I was going to put up something here that proves that some little guy named
Socrates was more than just "The guy who drank that poison", but, oh well,
my keyboard seems to have run out of ink........

:|

Cheeseburger

- Laugh, clown, laugh...  You're kidding, right..?  No, I'm not kidding...
Tell me you're kidding...  I've already told you, I'm not kidding...  You're
actually serious, aren't you..?  Yes, yes, I am...  Ok...   Ok...    Ok....
Ok.......
.