[Mb-civic] Hope Springs Forth Eternal Across The Universes

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Jan 12 00:55:44 PST 2005

Hope Springs Forth Eternal Across The Universes

Well, I'm sitting here with this laptop, hehe, even more outdated than my
blown up desktop, and thinking, as usually happens occasionally.  This
laptop has this little "slide your finger across it" thingy for a mouse
which just isn't my cup of tea, heh, and I have to hook up an external
keyboard to it because the built-in one doesn't work properly, lol.  So
Internet fun days is a real chore these days.

And suddenly "Where the heck is Hope..?" sprang into my mind.

I convinced myself at this late date that it is not hiding up Dick Cheney's
butt.  Nor any of the other despots currently screwing America and the
world.  Nor is it in the eyes of all the dead civilians in Iraq.  Nor is it
in the eyes of a junkie who just shot up another load.  Come to think of it,
although "Hope" has been spoken of by numerous personages throughout the
ages, it winds up being a selective state of "being"? or "thought"? which is
(often) only present when "Things are *not* going well" in each particular
case.

After one is shot in the head or something, that greatly reduces the odds of
such a state of whatever being present or any longer relevant.

So then what is Hope good for if it's only there, often, when things are
*not* "going well".

Yes, true, it is often there in various instances, in the depths of whatever
dismality that might spread its wings on whomever whenever however, but that
sounds more like "Gee, God, save us" prayers, rather than "Hope".

So is that all Hope really is, is just another Prayer...?

Or is it a wish.  A desire.  A need for things to "be better" than they
might be.

Whatever the hell it is, it remains so very ironic that it is found in the
beings of the most tortured souls across the planet.

They cling to it like it would make their penis or breasts grow 4 inches
bigger overnight.

It is almost impossible to wrench from their mangled hands, even beyond the
portals of death itself.

They teach it to their children in even the most dire situations where no
Hope can be physically seen whatsoever.

They pass it from neighbor to neighbor, friend to friend, relative to
relative.

The odd notion that perhaps, it must happen, that one day, they will be
Free, things will "be better", etc.

As billionaires dream of DeLoreans, entire villages spring to their feet and
rejoice at the sight of a simple bag of rice, or a barrel of water.

Apparently those blessed with wealth, health, and well being do not need
such a product as Hope as much as those less fortunate.  Things are "going
well" for them, so Hope is not even a necessity, but simply a fullfilled
dream in action sat and forgotten on a back burner in case it is ever needed
some day.

Oh well, a treatise on "Hope" is apparently not my forte this late at night,
but it crossed my mind for some odd reason, and I thought I would write
about it a bit.  It appears the "not doing so well" people need some kind of
power agent of a rock star or something to begin spreading it around the
Earth again, as Hope's competition is obviously hogging the entire road
these days it seems sometimes.

Okeydokey, midnight Hope treatise ended.  I'm going back now to analyzing
the various frequency assaults being produced by various covert authorities
across the planet.  I'll let you know how it all comes out.

Cheeseburger

- The Universes is a big place.  I hope Hope has a really strong pogo stick.

.