[Mb-civic] Children of the Fallen

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Tue Mar 15 17:39:49 PST 2005

Re:  Children of the Fallen

=====
Over 1,000 American kids have lost a parent in the Iraq war. Who they are,
and how they're coping. Find complete story at;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7169451/site/newsweek/
======

As has been quoted here before, or something similar, "the death of any man
diminishes me".  I can't really, completely, begin to even converse about an
American Kid who has lost a parent in the Iraq war, I'm sure it's more than
phenomenally devastating, especially to children, to lose anyone, much less
a parent they love and adore.

What continues to irk me, however, is that there are no stories coming from
people like "msnbc" etc that read anything like "Over 100,000 unarmed men
women and children Iraqi Civilians had their heads blown off in the Iraq
war.  How are their relatives and children, if any managed to survive,
coping with it..?"

I dunno, I just like sitting around and doing The Math sometimes.  1,600
dead American soldiers there.  1,000 American kids lost parents there.  But
then I come to the figure of =100,000=, and I stop and think, just like so
many other Americans, *their* losses over there can =never= compare to
*ours*.  Even if the numbers are overwhelmingly tragic in their favor
mathwise, nor even if that 100,000 were unarmed men women and children.

I have to continue to hand it to American Media Outlets across this great
nation.  They already realize that most people here could just care less if
100,000 men women and children unarmed Civilians were wiped out "over there"
in Iraq, so they don't even report about it anymore.

We get wiped out, tragic loss.  They get wiped out, Civilians no less, in
enormous numbers that swamp our numbers, just the cost of doing business.

Another great win for the Gipper.

Cheeseburger

.