[Mb-civic] opinion on health issues

IHHS at aol.com IHHS at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 08:10:01 PST 2006

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/Bird%20Flu%20or%20Cash%20Cow.html

The  Pandemic Some Want To  Have

By Eve  Hillary

I’d finally lost my taste for TV. Its gaudy ads. Its manufactured  news,
mind numbing sitcoms and titty-tainment. I’d successfully avoided TV  for
the entire year, until one night my finger strayed onto the button  and
flicked around the channels. Graphic footage of dead birds and  masked
“health” workers spraying people with chemicals triggered a bad case  of
déjà vu.

I recalled the  time I’d flown to South America to give a
presentation at an international  Human Rights conference. A few months
previously, on March 4th, 2003, the  first person had been diagnosed with
SARS, a brand new disease. It was  Professor Liu Jianlun, a microbiologist
working in a laboratory involved in  secret, government-sponsored work in
China’s Guangdong province.1 Incredibly,  he had also been “researching” the
H5N1 virus, now known as the “Bird  Flu.”

This was closely followed  by two other deaths; a Singaporean
researcher working in a laboratory of the  Singapore Environmental Health
Institute and a post doctoral student working  on West Nile virus.
Singaporean Health Minister Mr. Balaji Sadasivan, stated  that the
researcher’s exposure to the SARS virus “is most likely linked to  that
laboratory... where the SARS virus is [also] cultured.”2 It made me  wonder
just how many bio-hazard labs were in operation and what other new  germs
they were engineering.

I’d barely made my flight. My husband and I had been very busy
in our  Integrative (wholistic) medical clinic which offered patients a
variety of  orthodox as well as complementary and reliable alternative
medical  treatments. People traveled long distances to get treatment for
cancer and  other serious diseases. For most it was the first time they had
been able to  make lifestyle changes and receive physical, emotional and
spiritual healing.  They literally got a new lease of life. They felt better
and looked  better.

Lately, since the media  had whipped up fear of a worldwide
epidemic, dozens of patients visited the  clinic because they were worried
about SARS. The health department had issued  a SARS bulletin to all doctors
which listed only three criteria for making  the diagnosis of SARS: Cough,
fever and a recent trip overseas. That could  include almost anyone, and I
immediately became suspicious.

It troubled me that authorities did not list  a specific disease
profile for a brand new illness that seemed to one minute  reside
exclusively inside biohazard laboratories and the next minute  allegedly
spread into human populations. I’d also noticed drug company shares  rise
from the sale of drugs for respiratory illness.

In our practice we found very few  drugs were in fact
necessary for healing and disease prevention. Our patients  who had taken
regular doses of vitamins, minerals, omega oils, antioxidants  and other
natural supplements had rarely come down with colds, flu, and  other
infections. I hadn’t had a cold or flu for over ten years since I  had
started taking regular supplements. After much illness and many attempts  at
personal healing, I finally realised the fact the only thing that  would
keep me healthy was a functional immune system.

The day I boarded the aircraft two  passengers were plucked
from Sydney airport and quarantined in a Sydney  hospital. Media reports
showed masked Asian airport personnel prowling around  terminals with fever
detector gadgets, hauling hot and bothered travellers  off into quarantine
areas. Having finally made it on board I had a chance to  think again about
the emergence of diseases for profit, an issue which I had  just published
in my second book Health Betrayal.

I thought about AIDS – a previously unheard of disease  entity
which emerged in the early 1980’s. A few years earlier Merck  pharmaceutical
company had developed an experimental hepatitis vaccine which  was given to
gay men and Africans. By 1980 the AIDS epidemic started in  those
populations which had received the experimental vaccine.3 Since then  the
WHO (World Health Organisation) with its close ties to  pharmaceutical
companies, has strictly mandated billions of doses of various  types of
vaccines to Africans and other third world residents where AIDS has  spread
like wild fire. Governments have vaccinated unwilling populations  at
gunpoint. One African activist, Kihura Nkuba writes:

“The enthusiasm of government to give vaccines to a  people that
it normally gives nothing [to] was seen as very suspicious. The  forcing of
them to take a vaccine against a disease they know to be harmless  and which
they know how to cure in its harmful state was seen as government  hell bent
on killing its own population for the benefit of… white world. All  village
people know that once you have recovered from measles you will never  catch
it again, but here they were telling people to vaccinate even those  who
have recovered from measles. In other villages police armed to the  teeth
moved from house to house searching for children to  immunise.”

In 2002 Nkuba wrote  this after a vaccination campaign: “…there
was one mother who had four  children, and she hid one and took three other
children for vaccination, and  three children died and that one survived.”

It is noteworthy that of over 45 million people afflicted  with
HIV/AIDS worldwide, 39 million of them are in third world countries.  In
2003 the average AIDS patient, who could afford it, paid US$15,000 per  year
for AIDS drugs which have not been shown to be effective in the  treatment
of the disease.4

In late 2001 someone mailed anthrax bacillus to several key
individuals and  news organisations in the US. Two people subsequently died
of anthrax. The  strain was identified as originating from Fort Detrick – a
military  bio-weapons facility. The anthrax had been weaponised, its potency
increased  for use in biological warfare. There are few facilities known in
the world to  have that capacity. They include US military laboratories and
a government  contractor.5

While the  mainstream media whipped up anti-Muslim sentiment,
drug company cash  registers started ringing. Almost immediately, sales for
Cipro, an antibiotic  made by Bayer, hit the roof as 30,000 Americans
started taking the drug, just  in case. Terrified Americans thought nothing
of paying US$700 for a two month  supply of Cipro despite its potentially
serious side effects. Other generic  versions of the drug were available but
not widely publicised. The anthrax  scare resulted in lucrative new drug
company contracts to manufacture both  anthrax and smallpox vaccinations for
the military and general  population.

It also gave rise  to the Model State Emergency Health Powers
Act, giving the government wide  powers to quarantine, drug and inject
vaccinations into persons at gunpoint  in the event of a “public health
emergency” being declared. Many US states  passed this Bill after September
11, which included an exemption to drug  companies and vaccine makers for
any vaccine deaths or injuries that would  occur.6 Public advocacy groups
have already started work on having the Bill  repealed, on the grounds that
it is unconstitutional.

On the long flight I had a chance to think about the  West Nile
Virus (WNV) which first broke out in a poor, predominately black  section of
New York City (NY) in August 1999, when it had never been known to  exist in
the US. The virus had only ever been known in East Africa where it  resulted
in a mild disease that did not affect other animal and bird  populations to
any significant degree. However, the new NY strain of the WNV  is able to
jump the species barrier. Since the year 2000 over 10,000 wild  birds have
died, countless horses, primates and the human death toll exceeds  146
Americans. Only the most vulnerable people die, however. As many as  200,000
people are infected and are clinically well, posing a good argument  for
keeping the immune system functioning well. The new strain has spread  over
most eastern US states. While health officials claim the WNV virus  jumped
into the US from Africa, the new virulent NY strain had been cultured  and
engineered in biohazard facilities for years and sold to labs around  the
world.

Meanwhile,  pharmaceutical companies including OraVax have made
millions in WNV vaccine  research and products. Thomas Monath, Vice
President of Research and Medical  Affairs at OraVax, is one of the world’s
leading arbovirologists. He became  an advisor to NY Mayor Giuliani when the
WNV problem first emerged in the  city. Monath had previously developed
genetically engineered vaccines against  WNV type organisms in his capacity
as the Chief of the Virology Division, US  Army at Fort Detrick, Maryland.

Since the 1950s the US military began  developing
bio-warfare weapons at Fort Detrick by cooking up germs from  exotic animal
diseases intended to cripple the Soviet or other enemy  economies by killing
horses, cattle, birds and swine with crippling new  epidemics. By the 1970s
new advances in genetic engineering allowed the  creation of new designer
viruses that jump species barriers and even cause  cancer. Since then many
analysts have claimed these germs have been used for  population control as
well as commercial purposes with the assistance of high  level US government
agencies.

In fact plagues of animal diseases had badly affected the UK
which had  slaughtered almost four million animals after an outbreak of foot
and mouth  disease (FMD). Internet-based encyclopedia Wikipedia defines the
disease as a  highly contagious but non-fatal viral disease, meaning it is
similar to the  common cold in humans. If left to their own devices animals
recover from the  disease with permanent immunity to it. However,
laboratories licensed to  manipulate or engineer the FMD virus can create
forms that differ from the  wild virus strain. The UK animals were infected
with type O pan Asia strain,  which is not normally found in the UK. Foot
and mouth virus “research” was  carried out by Merial Animal Health. This
facility, owned by Merck and  Aventis, is also a vaccine production
laboratory located near Pirbright,  Surrey, not far from Britain’s own
government Institute for Animal  Health.

According to the Sunday  Express, a routine audit into the
government’s bio-warfare research  laboratory Porton Down revealed that a
container of foot and mouth virus went  missing two months before the
outbreak in early 2001.7 While it is still  unknown who was responsible for
the outbreak, there were certainly many who  profited from it. Merck’s
Merial is the leading supplier of foot and mouth  disease vaccine.8 After
the UK beef market collapsed overnight, Tyson Foods,  the US based largest
meat and poultry producer and packer in the world,  expanded its
international market into the UK. The outbreak proved to be  catastrophic to
UK agriculture and rural families but a lucrative cash cow to  multinational
slaughter houses, food processors and pharmaceutical  companies.

My flight arrived at  midnight in Panama City, where I
disembarked and waited for another flight to  Columbia. I was tired and
wanted nothing more than to get on board and catch  a few hours sleep, but I
was about to learn a lesson about the political  benefits of unleashing
fear. Unbeknownst to me, a flight from Tokyo had  arrived at San Jose
International Airport on red alert after the cabin crew  informed US ground
officials of five people aboard suspected of having SARS.  The reason for
the alert, as it later turned out, was that the passengers had  simply
coughed. Official fear mongering included few actual facts about SARS,  an
atypical pneumonia virus, which had only ever lived in a bio-lab before  it
appeared in several Asian countries simultaneously.

Of the alleged 2960 cases of SARS worldwide, 119  people died, a
death rate of 4% from the virus. In comparison, 3-5 million  people are
affected by seasonal influenza virus, having identical symptoms,  resulting
in between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths every year around the world,  mainly
affecting high risk groups such as the elderly, poorly nourished  or
chronically ill.10

Dr.  Loraine Day MD, a distinguished US physician states: “The
supposed disorder  of 'SARS': A. CANNOT be distinguished, by its symptoms,
from virtually ANY  other mild or severe respiratory disorder! And B. CANNOT
be distinguished by  any specific microorganism! If I, a highly trained
physician, CANNOT  distinguish SARS from ANY OTHER type of routine pneumonia
based on ANY of the  government’s published information, how are lay people
going to do  it?”12

The atmosphere seemed  unusually tense around the Panama
terminal during the early hours of the  morning. I drank from my bottle of
water, and cleared my throat after the dry  air on the plane had irritated
it. This caught the eye of several uniformed  health department personnel
scanning the crowd in the transit lounge. I  looked away as I felt two sets
of dark eyes scanning me suspiciously. When a  passing crowd of travellers
obscured the officials’ view of me I hastily  moved away to another lounge.
Why? Because, new public health legislation  around the world modelled on
the US Model State Emergency Health Powers Act  means force is allowed in
detaining and quarantining anyone, using the latest  disease as a reason,
whether it actually exists or not. That means fasten  your seat belts
travellers, because now flight attendants, cleaners,  teachers, general
informants and bureaucrats will be practicing medicine  without a license.
Personally, I’d rather take my chances with a real doctor  than an airport
employee.

Bird Flu – Pandemic of Greed

Since my trip I wondered why the first SARS  deaths involved
Asian scientists working in a biohazard lab with West Nile  Virus and bird
flu. The bird flu has made its rounds yearly, severely  affecting Asian
countries where 117 people have allegedly been infected and  60 have
allegedly died since 1997. Most deaths occurred in Vietnam,  where
scientific facilities are barely adequate to make a definitive  diagnosis.

Prior to 1997, the  wild bird flu was a rare and relatively mild
virus affecting only birds. The  first case of bird flu affecting a human
appeared in Asia in 1997. Apparently  the wild virus had mysteriously
changed to H5N1 strain, a variety that could  very rarely affect humans when
ingesting infected meat or in very close  contact with birds. The “high
path” H5N1 strain appeared suddenly and has  been known to be located in
many bio-hazard labs around the  world.

When the Associated  Press reported the death of a 60-year-old
woman allegedly of bird flu, the US  government halted “all chicken imports
from China in a move to curb the  spread of the virus.” Shortly after, the
first wave of slaughter began with  1.2 million Asian chickens. By 2003, 40
million birds had been slaughtered  and Tyson foods, the Arkansas based
largest meat producer and packer in the  world has been making steady
inroads into the previously closed Asian poultry  market, filling the gap in
production.

The “high path” H5N1 strain hit the Asian  countries
hardest, such as Thailand, Japan, Vietnam and China who rely on  poultry
products for export and pose a real competition to giant US based  meat
processing corporations. These countries have had strong  independent
markets catering to domestic poultry needs, traditionally  impenetrable to
Western imports.

Meanwhile the US reported a “low path” H5N2 outbreak  of
bird flu in Texas in 2004, which has not disrupted US exports. Tyson  Foods