[Mb-hair] Alice's Restaurant

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 25 18:39:55 PST 2004

As we live about a half hour from the scene of the real Thanksgiving Day
masacree that the first part of the song is about we can always count on it
being played on the radio here several times every Thanksgiving Day. I make
sure to catch it every year while baking pies.

Alice's church is now the home of the Guthrie Foundation, Arlo's foundation
which is involved in many wonderful things, many musical. Her restaurant is
still a restaurant, although much more upscale than hers was. Arlo, Alice,
and Officer Obie are all still around...

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html