Introduction Notes from (1968 In America) by Charles Kaiser
Introduction: Bringing It All Back Home
- Time, 4/8/66
- New York Times, 6/19/67
- Quoted in Richard T. Stout, People (New York: Harper & Row, 1970), 128.
- Americans in the 1960's: A Study of Public Attitudes,
(New York:Yankelovich,Skelly and White, Inc., prepared for the John F. Kennedy Library,
- Albert Eisele, Almost to the Presidency (Blue Earth, Minn: The Piper
Company, 1972), 189.
- Author's interview with David Hollander, 9/15/85.
- Peter Collier and David Horowitz, The Kennedys (New York: Summit Books, 1984).
- Author's interview with Christina Orth, 7/7/86.
- Author's interview with Jane Berentson, 7/7/86.
- Author's interview with Sal Matera, 7/7/86.
- Anthony Scaduto, "Bob Dylan," quoted in Rolling Stone Illustrated
History of Rock and Roll, Jim Miller, editor (New York: A Random House/
Rolling Stone Press Book, 1980), 179-180.
- Greil Marcus,ed., Rock and Roll Will Stand, (Boston: Beacon Press, 1969),
- Newsweek, 10/22/87.
- Letter dated October 24, 1963, from George A. Eddie to the photo editor of Newsweek,
(author's private collection).
- Duluth Sunday News-Tribune, 10/20/63.
- Cameron Crowe interview with Bob Dylan, quoted on record sleeve of
Biograph LP C5X 38830 (New York: Knopf, 1985), 191 and author's interview
with Dylan, 11/13/85.
- Bob Dylan, "Like a Rolling Stone," in Lyrics, 1962-1985 (New York:
Knopf, 1985), 191.
Back to the Introduction: 1968 in America
© Copyright 1988-1996 Charles Kaiser.